Paintball Africa Forum
PBA

PBA Ops

Go Back   Paintball Africa Forum > General Paintball > Gear & General Picture Forum
Register iTrader FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 27th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #1
VoLtaR3n

VoLtaR3n is an unknown quantity at this point
Trade Feedback: 0
Arrow Putting more BRAVO in my Tippmann Alpha Black

Hey ppls!
I recently purchased a Tippmann Bravo One and im very happy with accuracy and velocity, i was just hoping someone had some suggestions as to what i can do (Paint, replace, add, subtract) to this Weapon of Mass Destruction to make it look meaner and more unique..

I was thinking a Red-Dot scope, but im not sure if its practical(does it actually work?). What would be is one of those shroud handles, but im not sure if its possible? I was also entertaining the idea of only painting the shroud, handle and stock, but im not too clued up as to how to paint plastic or what will go well with black (green, brown, purple).

Help mense eks in 'n pinarrie!!
Any and all suggestions are SOOOOOOPAH welcome!
cheers~
VoLT :new_borgsmile:

VoLtaR3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #2
SomeWhereNotTHere
Team Norfolk-in-Chance

SomeWhereNotTHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoLtaR3n View Post
Hey ppls!
I recently purchased a Tippmann Bravo One and im very happy with accuracy and velocity, i was just hoping someone had some suggestions as to what i can do (Paint, replace, add, subtract) to this Weapon of Mass Destruction to make it look meaner and more unique..

I was thinking a Red-Dot scope, but im not sure if its practical(does it actually work?). What would be is one of those shroud handles, but im not sure if its possible? I was also entertaining the idea of only painting the shroud, handle and stock, but im not too clued up as to how to paint plastic or what will go well with black (green, brown, purple).

Help mense eks in 'n pinarrie!!
Any and all suggestions are SOOOOOOPAH welcome!
cheers~
VoLT :new_borgsmile:

Hi there... congrats on the purchase:wiggle:

first off, paintball markers/guns are only shot at a max. velocity of 300 feet per second during gameplay... I hope you are not shooting your marker at a higher velocity than that.

A red-dot sight is, well, a sight and therefore is non-zooming... the benefit of having such a sight is that you do not have to line up your iron-sights when shooting at an OPFOR... and it is therefore a lot faster to bring your gun to bear and shoot with first shot accuracy:serendre:

One upgrade I would do is get a sealed bolt( or bolt cover) so that dirt does not go directly into your markers internals...

SomeWhereNotTHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #3
VoLtaR3n

VoLtaR3n is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol002 xD

Well the first thing i did with the marker was test velocity (a friend had one of those velocity meters, sumone will soon remind me what you call it). And it was doing 290 Fps 3 balls out of 5. Thanx for the tip on the bolt cover! Are red-dot sights expensive though? Would i have trouble aiming with a mask on?
VoLtaR3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #4
Paintball_Freak
Paintball Forever

Paintball_Freak is on a distinguished road
Trade Feedback: 1

http://paintball.co.za/catalog/default.php?cPath=131&osCsid=8a5d6c6cb1d42591684d7 f064d64bdc4

Scroll a little further down and you will see them.

I Personally find that the cheapest one ( NCStar Basic Red Dot Sight ) is the best as it gives you the second best line of site. And i find that is a bit more strong than the most expensive one. And if it breaks, you can always get a second one...

The NCStar 30mm Red Dot Sight is good as it is the strongest of all and can take hits, with less of a chance of breaking. BUT you have a the worst line on site of all

The NCStar D4B Red Dot Sight is teh best, with the best line of site, dot styles etc, but i think that it will not last after a few hits.

See is someone that has experienced them says anything...
Ninja 68/4500
Dye C9 kit

Paintball_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #5
CAN-MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoLtaR3n View Post
Well the first thing i did with the marker was test velocity (a friend had one of those velocity meters, sumone will soon remind me what you call it). And it was doing 290 Fps 3 balls out of 5. Thanx for the tip on the bolt cover! Are red-dot sights expensive though? Would i have trouble aiming with a mask on?
CHRONOGRAPH is da name u lookin for.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM   #6
The Show Stopper
Lycanthropes

The Show Stopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bravo One

Yo Boet
Concrats on your new marker.Playing wit a Bravo One Tactical myself.Excelent entry level marker,had no problems with it so far.Sorry to dissapoint you,but you can only upgrade your Bravo One to a Bravo One Tactical,whice is is going to cost you about R450.Just there is no further upgrades to it,than the M16 look.
You can however replace your barrel.The 98's barrel fits the bravo.Also you can not put a sight on it,because of the perminent carry handle.
This is still a sweet marker.
:wiggle:
NC Star Red Dot Sight
Standard Barrel
A5
14" J&JCeramic Barrel
Folding Stock
NC Star Red Dot Sight

TPX

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Show Stopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:28 PM   #7
Paintball_Freak
Paintball Forever

Paintball_Freak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Show Stopper View Post
Also you can not put a sight on it,because of the perminent carry handle. :wiggle:
Im sure ppl hae drilled out holed and modified it to take red dots

There has to be a way
Ninja 68/4500
Dye C9 kit

Paintball_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM   #8
Kharnyge
RETIRED

Location: in an altered state of mind.......between reality and imagination.
Kharnyge will become famous soon enough

You can mount a scope on it by drilling a hole and mounting a certain rail on the top.PBA can do the mod for you.The ACOG scope look nice on the Bravo one.Tippmann is also in the process of bringing out a AK 47 version
Kharnyge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 07:15 PM   #9
M4DD0G

the nice thing about red dots is you don't have to close one eye to see that is why the also call it a reflex sight you can shoot with both eyes open i love my red dot but i'm more of a sniper then an assault guy if been playing PB sniper for along time now and i will always have a red dot i was thinking of getting me a bravo one aswell but first i will have a look at the upgrades and if the upgrades does not fit if i can make it fit
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:49 PM   #10
CaSs

CaSs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm perhaps you could consider having a look at using a good spell-checker aswell to help with your punctuation difficulties. I'm almost out of breath after reading your sentence.

Use correct punctuation more please
Liquid Red i4
CaSs is offline   Reply With Quote