Paintball Africa Forum
PBA

PBA Ops

Go Back   Paintball Africa Forum > General Paintball > Technical Forum
Register iTrader FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Cipher

Default Paintball gun for self defence

I want to buy a cheap paintball gun and use it for self defence at home. The idea is to have 5 rubber riot balls and 5 pepper gas balls.

My question : Is it possible to keep a 9 oz CO2 canister connected at all times so that when the time comes to use it :sassomment: (touches wood table), it will still work? What procedures can one follow weekly/monthly/yearly to ensure workability?

And the legality of it all?

Any ideas?
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Scavenger

Scavenger is an unknown quantity at this point
Trade Feedback: 0
Lol002 I think that most of use, have thought of doing it....

You can either buy a Co2 cylinder with the on/of valve attached or, buy a seperated on/valve, but if you leave the cylinder on the marker while the gas line is open, it will go empty after some time. :scolererouge:

I don't know what's the composition of the peper balls exterior, but if it's the same as normal paintballs then over time it would also swell or the sides my start to stick to eachother.

I'd keep the marker closeby with an on/of switch, and some fibreglass/ceramic balls in the hopper. If you shoot the pepper balls and you get a barrel break... well thats a sight I would like to see! :uber_cool:
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Azraphael
Team RAGNA-Rok

Location: In your worst nightmares - or the Workshop in Hout Bay
Azraphael is on a distinguished road

While on this topic, anybody know where one can buy a 5oz canister for this very purpose? I saw one last week and would like to know if there are any stockists in CT that may have these. PBA maybe?

98 Bastardo 0.5 Recon

Area 51 Resident
-
Don't run, you'll just die tired
Azraphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Cipher

I saw a 5oz canister at Paintballshop here in Bloem, they do have online orders. They are also situated in PE I think.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Cipher

What may be a solution is attaching the cylinder only at night (assuming most burglaries take place at night and that you are only home at that time) ... buuutttt then it will mean O-Ring hell :scolererouge:!
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #6
Lemskie

Lemskie is an unknown quantity at this point
Trade Feedback: 2
Arrow on/of

Get a on/of tap (R190 then you can leave it on the marker) for your cylinder and you can use ptf tape that white tape for the water pips over the o-ring then it will not stick and put at least 100 solids in the hopper 10 will not be enough trust me I know . if you want I’m selling solids for 50c /one.:smilegrin:

Last edited by Lemskie; February 12th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
Lemskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #7
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemskie View Post
and put at least 100 solids in the hopper 10 will not be enough trust me I know ..:smilegrin:
Seems like you experienced a situation like this ... want to elaborate?
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #8
Sub-Zero

Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,640 Posts
Sub-Zero is a name known to allSub-Zero is a name known to allSub-Zero is a name known to allSub-Zero is a name known to allSub-Zero is a name known to allSub-Zero is a name known to allSub-Zero is a name known to all
Trade Feedback: 9

I think that after reading hundreds of comments about similar enquiries, the best thing to do is rather avoid the confrontation to start with, and have a decent home protection and intruder detection system installed.
Burglar bars, Alarm Systems witrh Passive infra reds, and outdoor beams.... you will have the upper hand.
Call the cops or hit the panic button when he enters the property, rather than try defend yourself once he's inside.
You want to create distance between you and an intruder, not confront him

HOWEVER!!!
If the son of a b**** does get inside, then you are left with no option but to shoot him with a whole bunch of paintballs and solids etc.
Logic of it all is that if you fire a paintball marker with a solid at someone, it hurts like hell!
If you fire all 10, and the guy realises that they are not killing him... he has two options:

1: Run away because it stings like a beehatch!
2: Walk up to you, (in pain) and jam a screwdriver in your gut for your efforts!

If you continue to fire 100 rounds or so at the guy, he will eventually think that you are not about to stop hurting him any time soon, and will have no other option but to run away. REMEMBER: AIM FOR THE NUTS!!!
One solid hit in the sweets, and he will not be bothering anyone for some time!

Coupled with the odd pepperball in the mix... now you are talking pain and serious discomfort.... a real reason to get the hell out of Dodge.
A pepperball in the chest and a solid in the nuts, will have the guy screeming a few octave higher, for forgiveness.
He will be on the ground, clutching his nads with one hand, and rubbing his eyes with the other... leaving his ribcage nicely exposed, awaiting your size 10 Combat Boot to crack several of his exposed lung protectors.

But.... if you have a family, and want to protect them, rather stop the bad people from getting in to start with.... and if they do get in, rather get them out.
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #9
Macabre
Noob with a good gun

Macabre is an unknown quantity at this point

A perfect summary.
Invert Avatar blue
Homemade Pyro Devices

All Hail The Holy I'bles!
Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #10
Lemskie

Lemskie is an unknown quantity at this point
Trade Feedback: 2
Thumbs up

Well said Sub! @ Ciper sorry bud not one for war storeys but like Sub-zero said one two in the nut’s rest in chest and a few in the face works well , but first get the home security up grade remember Family first.